Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of rental for all units and pitches
We recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
CANCELLATIONS deposits are non-refundable and not returned in any circumstances of a cancellation. If the vacancy is not filled you are liable for the full rent so please notify us in good time.
PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BOOKING takes full responsibility of the unit.
DEPOSITS must be one third of total rent to the nearest pound.
BALANCE must be paid four weeks before the date of arrival. No cheques accepted on the day.
DOUBLE BOOKINGS While every care is taken to avoid double booking, if this should occur a full refund will be made and no further liability accepted. Should a place become unavailable for any reason we reserve the right to move the booking to equal or better accommodation.
ARRIVAL no earlier than 3.00pm. No later than 6.00pm, unless we have otherwise been informed in writing, emergencies by telephone. All places normally ready by 3.00pm (barring unforeseen circumstances causing a slight delay). Reception closes at 6.00pm on Saturdays. If we have left, site keys may be collected from our main reception at Holywell Stores (summer daytime only, during shop hours). This is situated 50yrds from site entrance. It is back up hill on the left hand side and is shown as H.S. on sketch map. If the accommodation is not occupied by this specified time (6.00 pm. Saturday) we reserve the right to offer that accommodation for re-letting from 9.00 am on Sunday morning. No refunds will be made.
DEPARTURE premises must be vacated no later than 10.00am on Saturdays. Places left untidy and dirty, you will not be welcome again.
VISITORS TO GUESTS. We do not mind guests having visitors while staying with us. However due to limited parking space regular all day parking by visitors who go to the beach and use us as a car park is not permitted. People who do this will be charged at £20 per day. There is a National Trust beach car park in the village. Visitors in peak weeks are advised to arrive there by 10am, on hot sunny days to ensure a space.
BEHAVIOUR We reserve the right to ask anyone exhibiting excessive unruly behaviour to other people on site or allowing you dog to be a persistent nuisance to leave the site with no refunds being made.
YOUR CHILDREN the site is bordered by a stream and trees do not let your child roam unattended without an adult, expecting other parent to keep an eye on your child for you!
Please use waterproof mattress covers for children’s beds to avoid soiling, ruined mattresses will be charged for. If none in the unit they are available on request. All breakages must be reported, and paid for or replaced
PERSONS PER UNIT occupying the holiday unit must not exceed the number stated on the unit or on the booking form. Babies and toddlers count as one person.
BALL GAMES we allow children to play soft ball games, if adults & teenagers join in, please do not get carried away and hit the ball too hard. Please respect other people staying on the site and their property
PARKING is free for one car, a fee of £20 per week will be charged for second car. Parking is generally by unit but occasionally it may be necessary to park vehicles elsewhere on site
FREE gas and electricity in all caravans
BUNGALOWS AND CHALETS £1 coin meters govern all electricity.
loss or damage please note we are not liable for loss or damage to any personal items or persons.
Lost keys must be either replaced or a charge of £10 will be required. Change of locks will result in a £150 fee.
NO SMOKING Please note all properties are non smoking.
DOGS belonging to responsible owners may be allowed, subject to our discretion. We only accept certain small lap dog breeds and do not accept dogs in our units during children’s school holidays, Please check when booking. You are requested to keep your dog under control. A charge of £30 per week, per dog, will be made. In addition a refundable cleaning/damage deposit of £10 per dog will be required this is fully refundable provided the accommodation is left free from dog hairs and in a satisfactory condition. Refunds will be made by post at the end of September. Dogs must not be allowed to scratch the doors or sit on the seating or beds. Extra cleaning on Saturdays will be charged for. Do not shut it in on its own. For hygiene reasons dogs must NOT be exercised or allowed to roam on the site, please think of others, particularly children who play on the grass, and clear up any mess your dog may make. Dogs to be kept on a lead at all times time’s whilst on site. When on the beach please clean up your dog mess as Holywell Bay is one of a few beaches in Cornwall that still allows dogs onto it, please do not spoil it for others. People wishing to rebook for following year will not be accepted if accommodation is left full of dog hairs. Any persons not following our dog rules will be asked to leave without a refund. We only have two bungalows which we accept dogs in which are Penmerric and Riverside B. No pets allowed in any caravans or chalets.
Website Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Cottages Holywell Bay’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Cottages Holywell Bay, Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 5PP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, content, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.